We work in partnership with Southampton City Council to provide nutritious care meals to senior residents and vulberable adults in Southampton. Many residents may be eligible for reduced rates if you meet the following criteria:
- You are living alone and are unable to cook for yourself
- A doctor has recommended that a meal is provided for you
- You have a short-term need, for example, you have recently been in a hospital
- Providing you with a meal will assist your carer(s)
To check if you are able to receive reduced care meals, visit Southampton City Council’s website.
The reduced care meal rate is:
- Main Meal and Dessert: £4.13
- Main Meal: £3.40
Everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy a hot meal, especially during times of poor health and recovery. Explore our delicious hot and nutritional menus choices and you can rely on the following professional service:
- A hot meal to your door between 11.30am and 1.30pm
- Delivered by a caring and professional care delivery driver
- Well balanced meals that account for 33% of daily nutritional requirements
- Low fat, vegetarian, diabetic and gluten-free meal options.
Ordering is easy, and you can always call our professional care team if you have any questions.
The care meal rates are:
- Main Meal and Dessert: £5.17
- Main Meal: £4.22
We can supply a hot meal directly to your home, 5 days a week, Monday to Friday.
If you require meals at the weekend we can also provide a frozen meal for you to reheat. This depends on individual circumstances, such as available freezer space and if you have a cooker or microwave to reheat the meals. This will be discussed during your free care assessment. Frozen meals can also be provided for Bank Holidays, when appropriate.
If you have specific dietary requirements you may need an alternative form which reflects the choices available to you. It can be completed in a similar way to that outlined above.
If the driver does not get a reply when they call they will make common-sense checks (eg. with neighbours etc.) to ensure you are safe. They will always report this to the co-ordinator who will attempt to contact you. If there is still no reply we will contact the emergency number you have given us or in extreme circumstances contact the police. Therefore it is important that you let us know in advance if you do not expect to be around for any reason.
If you have a particular complaint about a meal that is delivered to you please return the lid of the meal to us by giving it to your driver the following day. We investigate and respond to every complaint.
Contact us to arrange a visit to your home to talk about what is needed and explain how our service works. You can also speak to a member of our care team over the phone on 023 8083 3866.